Staying at home right now is the best thing we can do to help keep everyone safe! But this doesn’t mean we can’t keep talking to one another! Encourage your kids to send a letter through the mail and write one with them! Think of family members, friends, or you could even send us a letter!
Parents, share with your kids how we used to call this SNAIL MAIL! While everything is so quick & fast now, sending and receiving a letter can be fun! You never know what you’ll get in the mail and it teaches you patience and also how to be intentional (or thoughtful) with what you say or do! Help your child write a letter! It’s something they can apply as they grow older, too!
To send a letter to your Art Fusion or Sunday School teacher, or to Mrs. Margarette, you can address it like this:
You can also just write the letter to the whole church if you’d like!
SOME FUN WRITING PROMPTS:
Just some ideas you & your kids could write about in your letter! Letters can be used to encourage, share something important, or help cheer someone up! We hope these ideas can help you as you write letters to some loved ones or to us! 🙂
- Why are you writing this person?
- What’s one thing you are thankful for?
- Why are you thankful for this person?
- What’s one memory you love with this person in it? Why do you like that memory?
- Share with them one thing you did this week that you normally don’t do!
- What is something you want to try doing in the future?
- If you were to throw a party when we can have friends over again, what would you do at that party?
- Tell them a story using your imagination!
- What is something God has been showing you or teaching you?
- What is something you miss about seeing this person?
We can’t wait to hear if you’ve sent out a letter to someone! Let us know if you mailed us something, too!
Grace & Peace,