Children's Ministry (KidMin) Intern Position
SGPC is a predominantly Chinese-American, English-speaking congregation, located in the heart of the San Gabriel Valley. Worship is less than 100, but prior to the pandemic, there was a thriving children’s ministry, “KidMin,” including a vibrant Sunday morning outreach called “Art Fusion.” Art Fusion peaked at 60-80 attendees, mostly non-Christian children from Chinese immigrant families. The volunteer help from the congregation includes several trained artists. Following the arts activities, the children are encouraged to stay for a children’s worship and Sunday School classes. Much of this has been developed under the leadership of Margarette Kwok, who is expecting, and will be on maternity leave from late Spring through the Summer. Job Description Purpose KidMin Intern will be trained to oversee and execute SGPC KidMin Outreach & Sunday School programs (Pre-K to 5th Grade) while KidMin Director is on Maternity Leave, while gaining experience in coordinating children’s ministry programs. For more information, contact us using the email for submitting applications below.
*During COVID-19, we plan to slowly relaunch the Art Fusion program, beginning with a cap of students to ensure safety for both children and workers. We practice temperature & health checks, sanitization, wearing of masks and social distancing.
● Coordinate & Execute KidMin Outreach Art Fusion Kids Program.
● Coordinate & Execute weekly KidMin Worship to correlate with KidMin Sunday School.
● Check & Supplement Art Supply Closet & Sunday School Material Needs.
● Administrative emails & documentation for both KidMin Programs.
● Volunteer Coordination for both KidMin Programs.
● Must be a professing & born again Christian, living a Christian lifestyle.
● Supports the vision and mission of San Gabriel Presbyterian Church.
● A love & desire to work with and share the gospel with children.
● Proficient knowledge & experience using Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides) preferred.
● MailChimp experience preferred, but not required. Accountability KidMin Intern will work directly with KidMin Director until Maternity Leave and report to the Lead Pastor. All HR issues will be managed by Personnel.
● Anticipated 15-20 hours/week.
● Start ASAP; through calendar year 2022, with potential to extend with other duties.
● Please send your resume and cover letter (*optional) to: [email protected].