Hello KidMin Family! (阅读此文章翻译成中文)
It’s been quite a while since we have been able to post anything new in the KidMin Corner!
A lot has happened for San Gabriel Presbyterian, including the introduction of our new pastor, Pastor Joshua Kim! We just recently welcomed him, his wife Miyoun, and their two children into our church family and are so excited to have them with us! We also began SGPC Online Celebration Services that you can watch along with us on Sundays!
During our first Online Service (premiered July 26th), our Worship Director, Josie, led us in a worship activity in which we worship God by acknowledging different attributes about Him, using words beginning with letters A through Z! This inspired me to create an interactive, downloadable book (or workbook) for the kids to help them walk through one way of worshiping God from home! This is an activity you can do every day, every other day, or once a week on Sundays! Make it a rhythm for 26 days!
I encourage you to do this activity as a family! Read the note on the second page from Mrs. Margarette before starting! Perhaps start out brainstorming together as your child works on each page! Approach it with joy, and as an expression of loving God with our thoughts & actions! Play some Worship Music while you engage in this activity! You can use this playlist for some songs they might find familiar from their time in The Garden!
We hope this is a fun activity for your children and your family as we seek to use this activity as a way to worship God from Home! While your child is working on their pages, we encourage you to journal and search Scripture about it as well. Model what it looks like to spend time with the Lord and in His Word! Find some tips for different age groups down below!
* Please feel free to email us if you need help printing this workbook for your child.
TIPS PER AGE //
FUN TOOL FOR KIDS: BIBLE APP FOR KIDS (FREE)
- 3 – 4 yr old // The 3 year old and young 4 year old may need a lot of help with this activity! Let them think of whatever words they can, not following strictly to the A to Z recommendation! If they get too stuck, help them out by sharing a word that you think of! Share with them why you thought of that word and talk about your relationship with God! Write out the words for them or let them color with jumbo colored pencils or markers if you have them! Or use stickers and other things they enjoy!
- 4 – 5 yr old // They will need help coming up with words! It’s okay if they don’t follow A to Z! Let them think of things on their own! You may need to help write out the words and sentences, but let them freely color with crayons, or color with them! They can decorate with stickers, or cut out construction paper and glue sticks, or other fun textured items, too!
- 6 – 7 yr old // Challenge them to think through the alphabet! But if they get too stuck, don’t force them! Help them think of 26 different words & ways to describe God and fill out their book! Share with them what you think, too! Ask them why they thought of these words to help them connect personally to this activity, and try to draw a picture that could represent that! See if they remember any memory verses from Sunday School!
- 8 – 10 yr old // Get them thinking! Focus on why they believe these words they choose about God! Help them find Bible Verses and challenge them to try memorizing the verse they choose! It’s okay to use Google if you need help! (ex: Google: “Bible Verses about God’s goodness”) Give them a set amount of time to think about it and write about it all before or after talking with them about it! Challenge them to try writing things out using the fonts at the back of the book! Do this activity along with them in your own journal or on a piece of paper! Share your thoughts, too!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL // Youth in middle school and High School may find this workbook a little childish. If they don’t, great! But if they do, encourage them to journal about it! Use a designated notebook (or if they already have a devotional journal) to do this as a family, together! Really focus on encouraging them to find a Bible Verse and memorize it during the week! Doing it along with them would be great! Challenge them to try drawing out their words or Bible Verses to help them memorize it!
If you or your child ever needs help, please do not hesitate to send us an email! 🙂 We hope you have a blessed time with your family!